Monday, January 3, 2011

First Day - Check!

Well, I successfully completed my first day of student teaching, and what a sweet feeling! The class was extremely well behaved today (which I am told is not completely normal :), but they were wonderful! There are 10 wonderful boys and 7 sweet girls, all VERY different in their personalities and experiences. I am really looking forward to making an interest inventory for them this week to learn more about them. There are definitely some that I know will be hard to handle, and some that already have a place in my heart, but my prayer for this semester is that I would get to know each of them personally and appreciate all their uniqueness! One thing is for sure - they LOVE to be creative so I will need to incorporate that in as much as possible.

From here, I am observing and doing various activities in the next two weeks and hopefully jumping ahead on my long range plan and unit study (which will be 2 full weeks of science that I will teach). My first lesson will be in week three! There's lots to do, but today I am just soaking in all the changes and information! I am sipping on a free drink from my fellow baristas :) and going home to make a warm dinner.

Next goal: enjoy the class this week and get to know them, and get through a whole week of recess duty!

2 comments:

  1. Hey sister! It sounds like a great first day. After this first week I'm sure it will seem like you have always been there. You'll have all of their names and little quirks down and they will love you dearly.

    I pray that you could bring great JOY to your class, aide, and teacher. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Sounds like it was a good first day! You will fall in love with those kids and they will fall in love with you!
    Remember to take time to REST in the Lord. After all--He kinda commanded it! But us teachers have a hard time doing it most of the time. Love you!

    ReplyDelete