Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Unwinding.

People are busy. People are busy with school, work, families, etc. and you have to have something to help you unwind at the end of a long, busy week and even during the week. I wanted to share a couple of things I am doing this semester to help my stress stay low and enjoy this experience that I have.

1. Reading. There is nothing like reading a good book at the end of the day to unwind, especially fiction where you can just let your mind flow into the book. I am reading through C.S. Lewis' Space Trilogies. I am on the first book, Out of The Silent Planet.

2. Cooking. I find it relaxing and enjoyable to come home a couple nights of the week and make dinner and/or dessert. Something about a good, homemade hot meal. Tonight I made lasagna, garlic bread, and oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. Yum! Of course I enjoy when my husband cooks too :)

3. Yoga/Pilates. Every Thursday night I go to a class at a church close by. I get to go with a dear friend and it only costs $2 a class! I enjoy stretching and breathing my way to relaxation.

4. Church. There is no better way to start my week than at church. I love being there Sunday nights and Kyle and I look forward to serving and growing together in a small group soon.

5. My husband. I feel so blessed to have him to come home to everyday after school. He has been such an encouragement to me.

6. Lucy, my Christmas kitten. Nothing like snuggling up at the end of the day with a cute little kitten, takes all the stress away!

These are just a few of the things I am enjoying especially during this season in my life. I feel very blessed!

2 comments:

  1. What a wise woman you are! I had to learn and am always relearning the importance of balance in my life. Being a teacher can become an obsession, making you into a workaholic if you allow it. Everything I do in the classroom is because I want my students to learn and create, so it's a good thing to work for. But, even to this day I spend many of my waking (and sleeping) hours thinking about my classroom and students.

    I am glad you realize that need for outside activities. Enjoy your weekends! I LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww what a great list!! I need to print that and post it on a mirror to remind myself of good ways to relax. I miss you and need to call you.

    ReplyDelete