You know how people say you never know how much you love or appreciate something until you don't have it anymore?
This is so completely true for me I can't explain it. I appreciated and loved attending CIU, but more than ever now that I am gone I truly am sad to be leaving that part of my life behind. I feel so blessed to have been able to go to such a wonderful school where the training was well-rounded, grounded in "knowing and making Him known", and within a community of students and faculty who were truly learning to live out the Christian life. I miss the community at CIU. As I ST at Heritage, I feel a strong bond and community within the school, and it makes me so thankful to have had that same experience at CIU. I miss chapel, I miss class, I miss the sunny afternoons, I miss the professors, I miss my job, I miss the city, I miss many things about Columbia.
All this to say, I am going to be one proud graduate of CIU and I love telling people about where I attended, and hopefully I will be able to send some students that way over time. I look forward so much to being back in Columbia, even for a short while, in May. I have so many lectures that come back to me, projects I did, conversations with faculty/staff/students, and chapel messages that encourage me to press on and keep my eyes focused on Jesus when all the world around me is buzzing by.
Columbia, CIU, I miss you. Thank you for being my Alma Mater and teaching me the one thing that matters in life, loving the Lord, and loving others.
Thursday, February 10, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment