Sunday, February 20, 2011

Week 8.

I can't believe I have already been with my CT and kids for 8 weeks! Oh, time has flown by. But it has been such a wonderful experience, I am learning more than I can express, and it is wonderful to retrieve what I have learned at CIU, and also learn those things that words on pages cannot teach you.

I was terribly sick last week, and missed Valentines Day. I was bummed about missing the party and celebration, but I was so thankful to have that time to rest and get ready to go back. We had no school on Friday, it was an inservice day so all the teachers came together and worked on several items on the agenda, which was great to be a part of. Monday is no school because President's Day and then back into full swing until Spring Break, which is April 1. I am trying to use this long weekend to get ahead and make all my preparations. I am now teaching math, science, reading, and Bible so I am in front of the classroom the majority of the day. My favorite subject to teach so far is science, I love coming up with various activities for us to do and to see so many of them enjoy learning. We are studying animals and I ordered a butterfly habitat and created a butterfly book we will make during the life cycle (I am thrilled about this!). I am loving getting to know the class and see their little personalities come out, good and bad.

Oh, I could go on and on. I am enjoying this experience but I am also feeling the weight of finishing, finding a summer job, and finding out what I am going to do in the fall. I haven't even been able to comprehend fully the being out of college part, I miss it so much already and it feels like I will be jumping back in after ST, but I know I am not. I am restlessly keeping my eyes on every school website, wanting desperately to find something for the fall. The downside, I will not be state certified and I am not sure what that process will look like. When I think too much about the next several months, I feel overwhelmed and exhausted, right now I am just trying to stay focused on finishing this week with my best effort and getting the necessities at home done :)

Whew, that was long winded, thanks for hanging in to the end.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad things are going well! I was really happy to see you yesterday at work, and I love to find your notes around on Saturdays! Let me know how out of state certification goes, because I want to get certified in Wisconsin when I graduate. Good luck in March, look forward to seeing what is going on in class!
    ~April

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chelsea! I miss you so much best friend. It made me a little teary reading your blog and looking at your pictures--I wish so badly that I could call you up and meet for coffee. I can't tell you how much I miss that. I hate that distance and being busy has kept us apart. But I am so thankful for you as a friend.
    I miss you terribly. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete